One of the hardest parts of being a new vegan (or even an old seasoned vegan) is trying to keep up with all the new products out there. I must have spent over $50 looking for the "right" vegan cheese my first year being a vegan and I have over 50 vegan/vegetarian cookbooks in my arsenal but not all the recipes are the greatest. I’m the first born so I’m used to being a Guinea Pig and now I’m your Vegan Guinea Pig. So here are my recommendations and critiques. Let me know what you think!

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Plum Genius!

As a vegan mom I get asked constantly if my daughter is vegan or if I'm raising her vegan. I always answer proudly yes! I know many vegan mom's get bombarded with the "so, is that healthy" question but thankfully, being a pediatric dietitian has it perks in that not too many people ask me silly questions when it comes to my child's health. Although I do get the occasional "where do she get her protein" or "how do you handle that at school" as if brown-bag lunches were just invented this decade. But I digress. The funny thing is that there are a plethora of vegan, ready to eat, quick on the go options for vegan kids. The grocery store is swimming with them. 

One of my favorite vegan-friendly companies is Plum Organics. I've seen their products every where from Target and Kroger to the Piggly Wiggly (no lie). Here's a list of all of Plum Organics vegan offerings for little ones. We skipped the purees and never did the whole baby food thing but I can attest that their Little Cremes and Crunch O'Las are tasty for both kids and adults.

This Week's Rating 

Scale of 1-4 Dancing Guinea Pigs 1 meaning it is destined for the compost bin and 4 meaning it is destined for greatness

Vegan Guinea Pig gives it 3.75 out of 4 Dancing Guinea Pigs

Lil' Guinea Pig gives it 3.5 out of 4 Dancing Guinea Pigs






Plum Organics Vegan Products:

Baby Cereal Brown Rice
Baby Cereal | Oatmeal

Puree Baby Food:
Just Apples
Just Bananas
Just Mangos
Just Peaches
Just Pears
Just Prunes

Babies First Foods:
Just Butternut Squash with Cinnamon
Just Carrots
Just Sweet Peas with Mint
Just Sweet Potato

Little Cremes Super Greens | Kale, Apple & Sweet Potato
Little Cremes Super Purples | Acai, Blackberry & Purple Carrot
Little Cremes Super Reds | Pomegranate, Beet & Berry

Second Blends | Apple Carrot
Second Blends | Apple Raisin & Quinoa
Second Blends | Blueberry, Pear & Purple Carrot
Second Blends | Broccoli Apple
Second Blends | Peach, Apricot & Banana
Second Blends Pear Mango
Second Blends | Plum Berry & Barley
Second Blends | Pumpkin Banana
Second Blends | Spinach, Peas & Pear
Second Blends | Sweet Potato Mango & Millet
Second Blends | Sweet Potato, Corn & Apple
Second Blends | Zucchini Banana & Amaranth

Super Puffs | Spinach Apple
Super Puffs | Mango & Sweet Potato
Super Puffs | Blueberry & Purple Sweet Potato
Super Puffs | Strawberry & Beet
Super Puffs | Banana & Peach

Training Meals | Red Lentil Veggie | Portable Pouches

Mish Mash | Apple Cinnamon Oats & Quinoa
Mish Mash | Banana Rice & Quinoa
Mish Mash | Blueberry Oats & Quinoa
Mish Mash | Banana
Mish Mash | Peach
Mish Mash | Strawberry

Teensy Fruits Apple
Teensy Fruits Berry
Teensy Fruits Peach

Crunch 'Ola | Apple Snapster
Crunch 'Ola | Choco Chipster
Crunch 'Ola | Peanutty Pretzel

Fruit &Veggie Mashups | Beetbox Berry
Fruit & Veggie Mashups | Blueberry Blitz
Fruit &Veggie Mashups | Carrot Chop

Fruit & Veg | Shredz Blue
Fruit & Veg | Shredz Green
Fruit Shredz | Berry'licious
Fruit Shredz | Peach Peelz

Jammy Sammy | Apple Cinnamon &Oatmeal
Jammy Sammy | Blueberry &  Oatmeal
Jammy Sammy | Grape Jelly & Peanut Butter
Jammy Sammy | Strawberry Jam & Peanut Butter

Mashups | Mixed Berry
Mashups | Grape
Mashups | Green Apple
Mashups | Strawberry Banana
Mashups | Tropical

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...